If you’re concerned about your own or someone else’s mental health, you can call the NSW Mental Health Line 1800 011 511 for advice.
If you or someone else is in immediate danger, call 000 or go to your nearest hospital emergency department.
The Mental Health Line (1800 011 511) is a single number, state-wide 24-hour mental health telephone access service. Anyone with a mental health issue can use the Mental Health Line to speak with a mental health professional and be directed to the right care for them. Carers, other health professionals and emergency service workers can also use the Mental Health Line for advice about a person’s clinical symptoms, the urgency of the need for care and local treatment options.
Having a tough time and need someone to talk to right now? The following services are there to listen and help you out. They are confidential and available 24/7.
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
- Men’s Line Australia – 1300 78 99 78
- Kids Help Line – counselling and support provided for young people (to 24 years old) who are feeling depressed, sad, or lonely – or just need someone to talk to – 1800 55 1800
- Domestic Violence Line – 1800 656 463
- Suicide Call Back Service – 1300 659 467
- StandBy Support After Suicide – 1300 727 247
Click here for a list of helpful Directories
Click here for a list of helpful Online and Telephone Support